Beginning Backpacking Workshop to be Held at Hobbs State Park |
Title (Max 100 Characters)
If you never knew how to get started having fun backpacking, an upcoming workshop at Hobbs State Park – Conservation Area may be just the thing for you. The 3-hour workshop will be taught by seasoned backpacker Scott Branyan. Scott has backpacked on all of the Ozark Highland Trail, has made several solo backpacks in the Ozark National Forest, and completed numerous treks on the Lower Buffalo Wilderness Area.
The workshop is geared primarily towards adults/families. This is a “how to” introduction with gear show-and-tell, slides, and recommended resources. Topics covered will include: equipment basics, how to get in shape, what to expect on a backpack trip, maps and planning tools, preparing backpack food, dealing with emergencies, wildlife encounters, and how to keep a clean camp. Participants need not bring anything but a note pad and pen.
Date: Sunday June 30, 2013
Time: 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Cost: $35.00 + tax per person
The workshop is limited to15 participants. Registration and pre-payment required. For more information and to register call: 479-789-5000
Upcoming Events near Benton
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man, Covered In Urine, Allegedly Breaks Into Lincoln Home
- Fayetteville Man Arrested On Suspicion Of Domestic Battery
- Fayetteville Man Arrested On Suspicion Of Touching Women Inappropriately
- State And Federal Agents Raid Springdale Home For Meth: Three Arrested
- Ozark Regional Transit To Make Changes On Route 47