Bentonville to Host Sam's Club National BBQ Tour Championship | Community Spirit
The champion of the Sam's Club National BBQ Tour will be named as the country’s only continuous competitive barbecue tour concludes in Bentonville Saturday, Oct. 19. Members of the public are invited to join celebrity judges sanctioned by the Kansas City Barbeque Society (KCBS) to sample championship-worthy barbecue from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Sam’s Club Home Office, located at 2101 S.E. Simple Savings Drive in Bentonville.
Now in its third year, the Sam’s Club National BBQ Tour brings together barbecue enthusiasts in 25 local events and five regional finals, culminating in the National Championship with 50 of the nation’s leading competitive barbecue teams. The total prize purse for the series is $500,000.
Sam’s Club welcomes the Northwest Arkansas community to experience the final stop on the Sam’s Club National BBQ Tour Oct. 19 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Specific event times include:
- 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.: Meet American country music artist Keith Anderson
- 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.: Meet “Duck Dynasty” star Willie Robertson
- 12:30 to 1:30 p.m.: Meet “Duck Dynasty” star “Mrs. Kay” Robertson, who will judge a special “fresh game” barbecue challenge.
- 1 p.m. Live performance by American country music artist Keith Anderson
- 4 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.: Finalists and National BBQ Tour winners to be announced and awarded. The final competition features a $150,000 prize purse, with $50,000 to be awarded to the grand champion.
- Throughout the event, taste premium fresh meat samples from Sam’s Club, including brisket, pulled pork and lamb chops. Meet Series Host Troy Black as he shares barbecue tips on preparing championship pulled pork, ribs and brisket
- Meet Bush’s Baked Beans mascot Duke the Dog.