Rogers City Councilman Dies | News
Rogers City Councilman and Finance Committee chairman Larry Daniel passed away after a long battle with cancer early Monday morning, according to a clerk at city hall.
Daniel was the Ward 3 Alderman. He was appointed to the city council on August 14, 2001 and attended his final council meeting last Tuesday.
Congressman Steve Womack released a statement following Daniel’s death.
“My heart is broken for Larry’s family and the city he loved so much. He was committed to serving his community and is among those responsible for the tremendous improvements—economic, recreational, and governmental—in the last several years. His experience in the financial sector proved invaluable to the City of Rogers and his presence on the Council will be sorely missed.”
The retired banker once worked for Bank of Arkansas and Arvest Bank, according to Womack’s office.
Upcoming Events near Benton
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Construction on Fort Smith Aquatics Park Begins
- Sebastian County Inmate Spends Night In Courts Building By Mistake
- Cancer Demystified: Tobacco Products Affecting Our Healthcare
- HealthWatch: Students Are Eating More Fruits and Vegetables
- Fort Smith Solid Waste Collection To Resume “When Conditions Improve”